Birth Testimonials

 Rosie & Josh
Toby was born at home in the pool at 9:53. After having a lovely homebirth in birmingham with my second little girl I really wanted another calm and lovely homebirth experience in north wales with baby number 3. We got in contact with Lindy to refresh ourselves having done a hypnobirthing course in birmingham. It was fab to chat over both births with her and consider how we could use hypnobirthing again to make this experience another positive birth.
I was really sure we wouldn’t get to 40 weeks as both girls were born at 39+5 but I was very surprised to wake to my waters breaking at 38+2! As it was 3am I decided to go back to bed, relax and see if we could get some more sleep before things kicked off. At 6:30 the girls got up and so did me and my husband.
I knew as soon as I got more active the surges would start so rang the hospital straight away. I then hopped in the shower and continued to use my up breathing and images during the surges that were starting to build. The midwives arrived at 8:30am and Josh was busy blowing up and filling the pool! Girls were in the lounge eating breakfast and playing on the iPad. I got in the pool at 9am and also got started on the gas and air.
The midwives were amazing, very hands off and let me get on in peace and quiet. As I got in the pool I declared that I was really fed up and I knew that was ridiculous because it had only been two hours of active labour but I just was so fed up. I also exclaimed that I knew everyone was happy now because I was clearly in transition!
As soon as I got in the pool I started feeling pushing sensations and Toby was brought up to the surface of the water by his dad at 9:53am! It was an amazing experience and I felt totally in control the entire way though. I knew what to do with my breathing and I knew that my body could birth this baby. He was 7lb 11oz and the midwives said it had been a lovely Monday morning to start their week!
Thanks to Lindy for all the preparation before hand and we are truly in love with our little boy xx
Danielle & Sam
“Our beautiful Sonshine Henry Sidney Catherall came through earth side 20th February at 02:58am. Born into his very own first home as the little Pisces water soul he is.
Our birth was everything we visioned/manifested. Sam turned our living room into the perfect zen den, pool filling, candles and fairy lights on, oils burning and our birthing playlist playing. His support was everything, he calmed me when a sense of panic came over focusing on each breath.
I started early labour around 8pm so I had a candle lit bath and by 11pm I was having regular surges. Our midwife got out to us at 1am to which it happened very quickly from there being 4cm dilated, I began having only some gas and air as the surges became intense extremely fast and before I knew it I was in the pool 2 hours later fully dilated having to listen to my bodies way of telling me to push… he was born so gently and safely with no harm to me or him. We literally worked together, everything I asked for. I am in awe at my body and my baby”.
Hypnobirthing is truly magical. We are so grateful to have had this experience.
Thank you Lindy.

Love Danielle, Sam and Henry

Welcome to the world little Braxson George!
You gave your Mum, Dad and care team a big shock ✨✨✨🥰🥰
        Surprise breech birth!!!! 🥰
You didn’t want to wait any more little Brax, three weeks early!!
After a lovely chilled evening looking over honeymoon pictures your Mum and Dad went to bed full of oxytocin.
    “Well it all began at around 00:15/30 hours.  Roll on 30 mins and everything got more intense, every couple of minutes in waves.
I called the hospital, explained it all and they said come in just for a check. I had the bags packed already so we went in and arrived for 01:40. During the drive K was doubled over and feet on dashboard every two mins.
Once we arrived K was examined and was 7-8 Cms gone and at that point we were told Brax was breech!!!
This was a massive shock as we were constantly told he was head down by community midwife. The panic button was initiated and K was rushed to a room where she was prepped for an emergency Caesarean.
         Little Brax had other plans!!
Too late for a C-Section, he was on his way naturally. The period prior to the actual birth was the hardest.  K was on gas and air to manage the very intense contractions.
However through some tremendous strength and determination Brax was born at 03:31 weighing 6.4 lbs.
So a natural breech delivery which more than half the staff who were there had never seen before.
Brax was floppy when he came out so was taken away immediately for tests and a little help but was soon back with K for skin to skin. ️
We feel that in the circumstances the care givers were amazing. I would say it was a positive experience.  More so on how amazing K was and how her body adapted to deliver Brax.  She was truly amazing and I’m so in awe of her.  We are glad it was quick as the anticipation of a long birth would have been hard to sustain and more of a struggle.”
Thanks for sharing your amazing birth guys🙏 💙

Lindy xx

Lizzy & Mark
I’m a tiny bit sad we didn’t have the home birth we had planned for so long, but honestly I think all that pushing for having a homebirth when they were not really being supported gave me the confidence to stick up for what I wanted in hospital.
We went into hospital 11pm. I was greeted by “ah you’re the one here for induction” erm no! So first off bit of a discussion about not wanting that with midwife then dr but they were both great and listened and weren’t pushy. Agreed that I could wait another 24 hours and I was happy to be monitored, especially as I’d not been totally happy with his movements in the afternoon and evening. But all was fine,so they were happy to let me wait, but Mark went home to bed as they really wanted me to stay in hospital.
I had the first surge whilst I was on the monitor about 11.30pm but by about 1am they were getting more regular and I new it was the real thing. I was able to doze in between surges until about 3am when it got a bit more intense but still not close enough together to be in established labour. About 5/5.30am they were getting very intense so I agreed for the midwife to examine me and I was “a good 5cm” so Mark could come in. By then it was 5.45 so I called him and his dad brought him in fast as he could. Suddenly I was starting to feel a bit different and getting from the ward to the delivery room was interesting 😆 stagger 2m, crouch on the floor for the surge, recover and repeat. Took a while!
They had already started filling the pool – I had said how important it was to me to use the pool and they made a bit of an exception for me to use it which was lovely. But it didn’t fill quick enough as as soon as we were in the room I started feeling like pushing. Managed to get on the bed on all fours. They were v keen to get the monitor on to check he was coping ok, which wasn’t easy and the surges were almost continuous but they were so patient and waited until I was ready between surges. It was so intense I couldn’t look at anyone’s face, I was totally in the zone!
Then the pushing feelings were really intense and I could feel him moving down. Mark arrived as his head was coming out with about 5 mins before he was born! He was so calm and stroked my shoulder. Then out came the head, a couple of surges later he was born. I had to work hard pushing him out and the midwifes wanted him out fast, think he heart rate kept dipping a bit. But it didn’t take long at all and the atmosphere was really calm.
Physiological 3rd stage and didn’t cut the cord until placenta was born. Took about 50 mins. Mark cut the cord and we used our cord tie.
He fed well straight away. ❤

Laura & Matt

Baby decided breech was the best and most comfortable position for him and Laura decided a planned caesarean was the best for her. Making their birth experience an empowered and positive one.

To help mums and couples who may be in a similar situation, especially in covid lockdown. And how invaluable it is to prepare for all eventualities, knowing all your options and choices are informed, empowering you to ask all your questions and choose what feels right for you and baby.

Laura words:
I was quite nervous going into hospital and then theatre on my own.
All the staff were lovely and totally PPE’d up, even though I knew they were going to be, it was still a shock. Everything felt quite surreal, the staff were talking to me but I just felt I needed to focus inward and block out the chatter.
I knew I was safe and in good hands but I needed to calm and quieten inside. My Hypnobirthing techniques kept my focus to get through and then Mat was allowed in to be by my side. 💙🙏
Our beautiful baby boy, born by a planned caesarean in these crazy times. With skin to skin, delayed cord clamping and Dad cut the cord. So happy (still a little shell shocked) but soooo in love ❤️ xxxxx



 Jodie & Stuart

Hello Lindy!

I have been meaning to write for a week but have been like a zombi so haven’t got around to it yet.

The wonderful news is that our littlest love Elliot Raven John Morris was born last Wednesday  morning 31st July on his due date. He arrived at 6.20am, 8lb 12oz (bigger than we thought!) we had the most incredibly wonderful, peaceful home birth.

After a swim in the sea in Abersoch on Monday afternoon I went into latent labour on Monday night. Stu got home Tues mid morning (thank goodness) and things ramped up a gear, I’m sure BECAUSE he had come home. We had a lovely woodland walk in the rain Tues PM and by 7pm I was having some serious surges. The surges were more intense than I had imagined and felt them most keenly in my back. I had a super hot bath at about 9pm which was lovely, Stu was fab at massaging my back and giving me hip squeezes through the surges which really helped as they did send me to the floor. Stu was fab the whole time and made the whole experience amazing, he created such a wonderful home space of music and lavender and candles. We called the midwives at midnight and they arrived by 1.30, my waters broke the moment they pulled in the drive! Got into the pool at 3am which was boiling hot and sooooo good. I was surprised how long it took for Elliots head to come out. I felt his face move down the birth canal so knew he was on his way and got a wave of excitement and motivation and thought head would be out in a few surges but it took a good hour and about 15 surges later- I found this bit hard because I put all my energy into each surge.
It couldn’t have gone better though because it meant my body was reacting to his head and stretching just like it should be- not a single graze 🙂 As his body came out he opened his eyes under water and looked up at us, he was on my chest by 6.20 and we were on the nipple 20 mins later. He didn’t cry for a good 20 mins either and the midwives were a bit concerned as it meant he couldn’t clear his lungs- but it was just because he wasn’t stressed in any way and was really peaceful on arrival. I feel so proud to not have had any pain relief or intervention at all and to have given him the best start in life.

The midwives were excellent- luckily I had my midwife so the continuity of care was great. They were both super respectful that we were hypnobirthing and totally kept their distance and were real quiet and in the background. I had one vaginal examination at the start when they arrived- despite thinking we wouldn’t in the birth plan but felt good at the time to bench mark where we felt we were at with progress, just the right choice and gave me the motivation that things were heading in the right direction.
Placenta was hard to get out but with a bit of moving around and concentration it came out about an hour later with another surge.

That’s the story! I feel so lucky to have had such an amazing birth experience and Stu and I are totally in love with little Elliot. Now tackling sleep deprivation and getting into breastfeeding which I had no knowledge about! He is latching brilliantly and each day is easier than the last.

Thankyou for everything you taught and shared with us both. Our hypnobirthing experience with you set us up so well for the birth that we wanted, creating the right environment and having the positive and optimistic mindset in the run up to the birth was fundamental to the incredible experience we had. Without your teachings we wouldn’t have had the same experience without a doubt so thankyou for setting us up so well. Hypnobirthing helped us as a couple engage early on with our birth experience and become knowledgeable and in control which hugely helped in my emotional and mental preparation so thankyou so much.
That’s probably one of the key things I felt during labour, I felt in control and powerful, my mind, body and baby were definitely one- I feel so lucky.

Attached some pics of baby Elliot and the affirmation board I made whilst in labour. Also Fonty (Cat) was present asleep on the bed the whole of labour so he was there as part of the family, the intuition of animals eh.

Thankyou for everything,

Jodie and Stu xx

Jennie & Kay

Hi Lindy

Just wanted to send a brief update with regard to the arrival of Rowan Josie Ember Ribbons-steen. Born Monday 27th Aug at 15.46 weighing 7lb8oz.

Overall I felt that we had a really positive birth and were able to make really informed decisions. And this was due to the hypnobirthing techniques.

I basically started contractions from 5am on 26th and had a pessary in that morning. Waters went at about 3pm and then onto labour ward. I was able to hynobirth up to 8cm but it was a long slog then opted for an epidural.

After the first hour of active pushing the doctor tried to get me into theatre to deliver via forceps but I said thanks but no thanks and said I was pushing this baby out and a specifically stated no forceps end of. Another intense hour of pushing which was 37 hours Rowan made an appearance with Kay catching her.

Throughout I used visualization the room was decorated and music on. And although I went to theatre after and lost a lot of blood, the birth itself was so empowering.

Thank you so much the course was amazing.xxxx

Jennie, Kay & Rowan

Hayley & Sinh

Hi Lindy,

Sorry its taken a while to let you know our birth story but we’ve been a bit pre-occupied with our little man. We had a lovely waterbirth at Telford hospital.

It all started on Saturday evening after we’d been out for a hot curry and walk along the river in Shrewsbury. I don’t know whether that was what started it off or just a coincidence it started that night! Just before bed I started having some milk period like back pain which I just thought was more braxton hicks. However these continued throughout Saturday night. I struggled to sleep as I was excited that this might be the start of it. I drifted in and out of sleep until Sunday morning when I took a bath.

We then realised that they weren’t going away. So throughout the morning we watched comedies on the tv whilst I bounced on the ball. As the surges increased I started to do the up visualisations

It then got to about 2pm in the afternoon and as our journey to the hospital was 45 minutes we decided to drive over to Telford and get a hotel rather than make the journey when I was more established in labour.

When we got to the hotel we put our playlist on and I continued with my up visualisations as the surges became more regular. As they became closer together I got in the bath. As they reached 5 minutes apart we made our way into the hospital on Monday morning at 2am. Unfortunately When I was examined they found I wasn’t yet dilated. Feeling very tired we made our way back to the hotel. Over the next 5 hours I tried to get some sleep, I managed to drift in and out of sleep between some of the surges as I thought the labour could continue like this for another 24 hours or so. As the surges intensified I got in the bath and stayed there continuing with my up visualisations.

At 7am I felt I was starting to struggle so Sinh and I made our way into the midwife led unit. There I was examined and much to my amazement I was 9cm dilated. The midwife said my face was a picture when she told me and I burst into happy tears. I think the midwives were just as shocked as me! I used the gas and air to help me with my surges before I got into pool. Sinh put our music on and requested they dim the lights.

Once I was in the pool Sinh helped me breath through the surges until I started to feel the pressure. We did the down breathing together until Ren was born and I lifted him up onto my chest.

The midwives were brilliant and although there was no time to get my birth plan out I didn’t need it as they did everything as we wanted and were really supportive of our natural approach.

In terms of what I would concentrate on next time is the down breathing as I found I got mixed up between the two breathing techniques and I think I pushed more rather than letting Ren come down slower on his terms. It was mentioned about the stitches being an issue for a previous lady in your class but I didn’t find it anywhere near as bad as I thought I would. The midwives were really kind and numbed the area and used anaesthetic so it wasn’t an unpleasant experience.

Both Sinh and I would really like to thank you for helping us to achieve this birth. I will always have such lovely memories of what Sinh and I achieved together. Ren is very calm and I’m sure part of this is due to the birth he had.

Hayley, Sinh and Ren x x

Lynn & Mike


Millie & Dan

Hi Lindy

Hope you are well.

We wanted to write and fill you in on our news!

We had our baby boy on early Thursday morning! His name is Oak Thomas Sykes and he was 7lbs 1oz, he is healthy and happy and progressing well.

We are sure you want to know how the labour went so here goes…

On Wednesday day I felt fine, went for a walk with a friend and pottered around the house. Dan and I then had a really relaxing evening – I had a bath, we did a script, the back massage, we read a bit and then had an early night. Still no idea at this point!

At 11pm I woke up needing a wee and then needed another one very quickly after. Then I had a show. I still wasn’t feeling anything but we decided to pack the car just in case- all very chilled still! At about 11.30 I started bleeding so rang the hospital and was advised to go in. At this point I started having very minor cramps every three minutes but were convinced they weren’t surges because how could they possibly be every three minutes suddenly?

We travelled to hospital and by the time we arrived 15 mins later they were definitely surges and definitely very close together! By 11.45 I was full on feeling it and the midwife did well to examine me in between surges. When we arrived at hospital I was 9cm dilated!!!

The midwives quickly filled the pool up and within half an hour I was in it and pushing. I was completely in the zone, had no idea what was going on around me other than the fact that Dan was handling it! Our midwife was incredible. She had no time to get to know us but read the birthing plan quickly, listened to Dan and just let me and him get on with it.

Dan kept talking to me and grounding me and I kept hold of him on the side of the pool the whole time. I just had gas and air for the last 30 mins, that was it in terms of drugs although I have to say the pool was definitely the more effective at pain relief!

At 3.11am baby Oak was born in the pool, he went straight to my chest and Dan cut the cord after delayed clamping. My placenta followed naturally and quickly. It was such a positive experience.

We both feel extremely lucky to have had such a positive birth, however we are also certain that the Hypnobirthing preparation we did contributed hugely to such a nice short labour. A massive thank you for your support and guidance. It would have been very different without you. Keep up the good work – we will be sure to spread the word!!

On a side note, something that I felt important to share was the stitching of my tears after giving birth. I felt totally mentally prepared for labour and the placenta, but the pain of the stitches took me completely by surprise and therefore I found them the hardest to deal with. It might be useful to discuss this in class just so mums know that they might need them and to keep some strong mental energy in reserve.

So to sum up, zero to baby in 4 hours!!!!

Feel free to share this email at class and at the positive birthing movement if you would like to.

Take care

Millie and Dan x

Lynn & Mike



Rebecca & Lawrence

Hi Lindy!! I am so sorry I was meant to get back to you on this and time has just passed me by!!!
My waters broke at 10.30am and he was born at 18.18!!!!!!
“I was a bit sceptical of hypnobirthing before taking part in Lindy’s course, however am definitely a convert! I went into labour at 10.30am after my waters broke. After a visit to the hospital I was told I was 1-2 cm, babies head could be felt and that I was definitely in labour. I was then advised to go home and come back to the hospital when my surges were frequent and intense. I was very relaxed on the way home, even though my surges were already getting notably stronger even in the car journey back. At home I had a lovely massage, followed by a relaxing bath whilst listening to my birth playlist. I found the visualisations and breathing invaluable. At about 15.00 I knew it was time to go to the hospital so we headed back. In the car the surges were so intense I couldn’t speak to my partner and just went into my “zone” continuing with my breathing and visualisations. On arrival at the hospital I had to stop numerous times on the way to the labour ward as I was getting the urge to push.
Once in the birthing suite I was examined, to be told that my baby was in fact breech, Leo was coming out bum first!! but that it was too late for an emergency section (which I was glad about) The room flooded with people and I had to lay on the bed with feet in stirrups (nothing like the water birth I had planned). The whole time I remained calm and focussed as I knew my body was designed to deliver my baby. I trusted in the advice of the professionals and my own instincts and my baby boy was born safely at 18.18
Hypnobirthing definitely helped my labour progress so quickly and I genuinely think I would have been in a panicked and worried mess had I not taken the course.
Highly recommended!




Anni & Dan (Breech birth)

Hi my dear, we are keeping well. Got him out yesterday via section. Was disappointed about it at first but his and my health were more important. Could use a lot of the hypnobirthing relaxations especially with my ‘beloved’ epidural and anxiety. Sometimes things don’t go the way we were hoping for unfortunately but the hypnobirthing was certainly my rescue during the time of worry and section of little one. He is a little diamond and I’m already so in love with him.

Hi Lindy   It was a bit disappointing but it was for little ones best. He is a little diamond. So relaxed and calm, content all way through till we hit nappy change time. His name in Finley  Born with 7lbs 3oz so luckily no growth restriction there. Everything you have tought me was all needed for my preparation for theatre, the anxiety about the operation and the ooeration itself. But not only this, it most certainly helps with breastfeeding and calming baby down as well. So yes I was disappointed I couldn’t have my natural birth but I made it the most happy and calm experience possible. Little one even loves my song I chose to give birth to. Everything comes full circle. I am just full of happiness and gratitude for your help all way through and a wonderful and healthy boy xxx


Steve – Very proud Dad!

Hi Lindy,
Just a quick email to say a HUGE thank you from us both. Will give you the details later but in short, sarah was unbelievable and followed all the training you’d given us and this was the end result- a little boy weighing 8lb8oz and no pain relief whatsoever! Yet to decide on name but he is perfect:) thank you so much. Speak soon:)
Hi Lindy  I’m finally getting round to messages!!
I wanted to follow up on what Steve sent you, a huge thank you!!!!!
I’m so so glad we did the Hypnobirthing course with you, I don’t know how I would have got through labour without it.  I felt so prepared and felt like I knew what I was supposed to be doing.
My waters broke at about 5am Saturday morning, so we got up put on my relaxation music playlist, contacted the hospital to let them know and just started getting prepared. I felt really calm and was even enjoying this state of relaxation I was in. Steve was brilliant with me, we went through some of the scripts together.
My surges didn’t come straight away. I did get a bit anxious when we initially spoke to the hospital to let them know our waters had broken because straight away the midwife said they’d look to induce me if my surges hadn’t started by a certain time. I did explain we were Hypnobirthing so wanted things as natural as possible. She’d already planted the seed in my head so I did feel like I was putting pressure on myself a bit to make sure my surges came naturally. I made sure I was stood upright most of the morning or on the birthing ball. Eventually my surges started!!
I was enjoying the early surges, a bit uncomfortable but I was working with my visualisations and breathing so after each surge finished my body went super relaxed, that was the bit I enjoyed .
Later on when the surges got a bit more powerful we stopped doing scripts and tried the short relaxations, Steve would walk past me every now and again and remind me to relax my face, drop my shoulders, visualise the sunrise or my Magic Carpet place. I found during the Up surges these particular things really helped me so I got into a rhythm; breathing, relax my forehead, face, jaw, drop my shoulders then swayed on the spot. This was all quite soothing.
Although we got down to surges 3 mins apart every now and again they would then increase again, no particular pattern. Steve suggested we go for a short walk round the block which we did, I had a few surges on the way round. By the time we got back to the house my surges were about 2 mins apart quite consistently and I really felt ready to go to the hospital then.
Again Steve was absolutely brilliant, got the car all sorted, put my shoes and coat on me and guided me out to the car. I was a bit anxious about the car journey because pretty much all of my surges had been stood up which I knew how to control. So I put my head phones in and continued listening to my relaxation music, and visualising the sunrise, relax face and drop shoulders. This all worked to keep me under control.
Arrived at the hospital and Steve guided me through, still with my headphones in, a lot of the time I was walking with eyes closed or very partially open because I didn’t want to look at anyone and knock me out of my focus. When we got to the Midwife lead ward Steve did all the talking and asked the midwives to always speak to him first, they were very respectful.
 I had a real issue with the vaginal examination, I asked if possible not to have one , but the midwife said we’d need one to enable me to use the birth pool, but I wouldn’t have to have the following routine ones. That first one was quite stressful because I was lying on my back but experiencing surges and I didn’t know how to control them from there because so far I’d been stood up as this had been more soothing. Once this was over the midwives just left me alone and only spoke to Steve which was brilliant and really allowed me to focus.  I think a lot of the time I had my eyes closed and wasn’t really aware of who was in the room, I didn’t want to know.
I was stood up doing my weird little swaying relaxing movement for the rest of the up surges. Then finally the pool was filled and I did feel like I had a sudden urge I needed to get into it.Steve thinks I was in there for about 20 mins and I think I remember him guiding me to visualise a sun rising, but that surge felt different and I think I remember saying “I think I need to start my down breathing now”, so I did, and yes it was time!!!! I just felt like I knew what I needed to do.
On my birth plan I’d asked for the word pain not to be used, and for nobody to ask me if I wanted pain relief. At one point I remember Steve asking me “are you comfortable enough“ and I responded “I think I’m as comfortable as i’m going to get”. It turns out he was checking whether I wanted any pain relief, I thought he meant was I in a comfortable position in the bath, because I could feel my knees were starting to ache,  it didn’t even enter my head that I could take medication, and I’m so glad medication wasn’t offered to me because I may have just said yes.
Every now and again the down surges made me hold my breath and want to force but I’d really try to focus on the down breathing and visualise the waterfalls and it did seem to bring me back under control. I could hear the noises I was making and was quite aware of them!!!!! But I had to make them!! It got to the point where most of our baby was out, and this was the first time my midwife Sam had spoken to me, she said “he’s nearly out just one last push”, but I couldn’t push on request my body just wouldn’t do it, and I remember saying “I can’t I have to wait for the next surge”.
Anyway there was no need because apparently our little baby boy helped me out and apparently he sort of wriggled out!! Then our baby boy Samuel was born, at 21:25.
My notes say 1st and 2nd stage combined lasted 1 hour 55mins, 3rd stage lasted 1 hour 54 mins. I came away with a second degree tear but didn’t need stitches because of the position of it. Our midwife Sam actually thanked me for letting her be present at the birth I think she was quite surprised at how well it went…….me too!!!
My recovery has been amazingly quick,I’ve been Mobile straight away, any discomfort down below was gone a few days ago.
So again, massive thank you!!!!

Sarah xxxxx

Anne & Peris

Hi Lindy,

Apologies I haven’t managed to write this before now. Thank you very much for the course. It made the rest of my pregnancy much better. I felt Positive about the birth instead of scared and enjoyed doing the guided meditations at bed time. I used the ball quite a lot in the run up.
I got admitted on 12th jan and over the weekend had evolving pre eclampsia so I had to be induced on the 14th. It was quite a shock as I hadn’t finished work yet and we weren’t ready but Peris did a great job and made a fantastic board and brought in battery candles and music.
I managed to use visualisations and relaxations after the pessary  was the placed and I think they really helped me. I had a very posterior 3cm closed cervix and was worried it might take days to labour. Anyway with the above by 11pm I was fully effaced and 1cm. I started to have very powerful surges but the room and music and Peris helped a lot and a bath. I hyper stimulated so it was quite strong and I decided to have some more analgesia. In fact they took the pessary out and gave me some
Medication to slow things down but it didn’t really.
I went to labour ward and was 3cm so I had some gas and air and diamorphine. They really helped along with the breathing and I felt the whole thing was quite calm and manageable. As the power increased I decided to have an epidural, I didn’t feel it being put in and was guided through breathing by 2 really great midwives and Peris and the epidural was amazing. I could feel my legs and was able to push but the surges were much more manageable. After that she was actually born about 45 mins later so with the 3 painful surges in the sitting position for the epidural I had gone from 3cm to fully dilated.
None of the examinations were a problem and I could breath through them all. She had a fetal scalp blood test as she was decelerating but it was ok so I was allowed to deliver her naturally. The midwives were hugely supportive of not being instrumented and really encouraged me through.
I did end up being in stirrups pushing her out on my back but actually it was fine and despite all the things I had we all had a really positive birth experience, I feel the hypnobirthing really helped and actually rather than other women feeling scared of induction and all the above things that are portrayed so negatively I think that hypnobirthing is the ideal technique to use in these circumstances to means that you can still have a really fantastic positive birth experience even if you are high risk or can’t have the pool etc etc.
So many of the health care professionals commented on how great the birthing board was and it and the candles and music were really nice in the following week. We had a tough week after with her being jaundice and wt loss but we have established breast feeding and got home the week after and have gained back the lost weight.
Thanks for all your help.
Anne & Peris


Rhian & James

We did it!Thank you Lindy for all your help and support.Lucy arrived at 12.35am on Thursday 11th January weighing 7lbs 7 and we couldn’t love her any more!

Labour didn’t go exactly as expected but the hypnobirthing practice helped me handle any turns it took.We’d planned for a water birth and getting in the pool felt amazing but perhaps because of the warmth of the room or the water, Lucy’s heart rate was high so I ended up getting out of the pool and her heart rate settled back down.

There was more than 24 hours between my waters breaking and labour starting so I was induced and requested gas and air to help.Using the mouthpiece for the gas and air seemed to help me concentrate on my breathing and breathe through the surges.The midwives were really supportive of our hypnobirthing requests and gave us every opportunity to have as natural a birth as possible.The room was lovely and cosy, lights were dimmed and we played music and hypnobirthing tracks the whole time.

James was incredible and helped me stay focused and relaxed throughout.Team Wayte all the way!So proud of all three of us and that all the practice paid off and we had the calm easy birth we wanted.Lucy is a gorgeous, happy and chilled baby and I’m sure it’s down to the hypnobirthing she’s been doing.

Thank you again so much for all you support.We had the most amazing and positive experience and can’t recommend your classes and hypnobirthing enough.

Xx Xx


Elan & Chris

Hi Lindy! I would just like to say the biggest thank you for your time and effort with Hypnobirthing- I had the most Incredible Labour with only Gas and Air. You taught me everything I needed to know to deliver my Beautiful 8lbs 2oz daughter – Felicity Rachel Rose. She had a very natural and gentle birth.
The midwife read my birth plan and gave me everything I wanted.

I stayed at home all day breathing through the contractions, soaking in clary sage oils in the bath, hoovering and dancing with my niece and nephew and taking wave by wave ..
I arrived in hospital at 7:45 and I was 4cm dilated .. She arrived at 00:45 am. Chris and Mum were the Dream team !

She’s breast feeding well and enjoyed her hypnobirthing music at night to settle her back to sleep.
Thank you So much 💗 I’m Extremely Blessed.



Adele and Aled

Thank you for making our lives complete.  Baby boy Rhun Gwythyr (9lb 12oz) born this morning at 7.15am.  He came into the world as a water birth with simply Hypnobirthing.  2 Hours 15 Lindy!!!    We are forever grateful to you x  You were our guardian angel and my inner voice 🙂 xxxx

We are just staying in tonight cos I want to check he’s feeding well before going home.  The staff have been awesome this time and full of wonder at the power of Hypnobirthing, after knowing about my previous traumatic birth. Miracles do happen.  xxxx


Elise and Dave

Hi Lindy,
Sorry i haven’t been in touch, had my hands full with our new baby!
So baby Otis James Jackson made his entrance into the world on the Friday morning the 25th August at 7.50am. Just 8 hours after his due date! He was born at home in a birth pool in our living room and got to meet his big brother Seth just a few minutes later. Otis weighed 9lbs4oz and I delivered with just gas and air for the last 30mins. The midwives only arrived at 7am!
My waters broke at 1.30am and I stayed upstairs while Dave filled the pool. We used hypnobirthing techniques throughout. Mainly using my affirmations board, calming music, candlelight and burning essential oils. I was so calm during the build up and Dave was a fantastic support. I got into the pool at around 4am and things started to get more intense but I managed each surge with Daves support and thinking of my affirmations and knowing I would soon meet my baby. My mum arrived just before 6am and Seth came down and had breakfast (at the other end of the living room) with his nana.

The midwives arrived and soon after I went into the transition stage, I began to doubt myself but Dave and the midwives supported me and were all so positive. I had some gas and air and I began to push, just 20 or so mins later Otis was born. I caught him and brought him straight to my chest. It was glorious!
I delivered the placenta and gave Otis his first feed on my sofa while we all had a much deserved cuppa. Unfortunately a couple of hours after delivery I was feeling very faint and passed out several times. Although my blood loss appeared normal I had suffered a hidden bleed which was discovered once I was taken to hospital in an ambulance. After a couple of nights stay and two blood transfusions we were finally allowed home. I still feel quite weak (you can see the colour of my skin in the pics) but Otis is so perfect I wouldn’t change a thing.
I am so glad we decided to do your hypnobirthing course and all the practice really did pay off. The contrast between this birth and my first is staggering. I will never view birth with fear again, even after my experience with the bleed. The birth itself was perfect and I will always treasure it. Thank you a million times!
Love Elise xx



Ellen and Mike


Hi Lindy,

I hope you are well. I have been trying to find a spare minute to let you know that myself and Mike welcomed our wonderful little boy Elliott to the world on Saturday 5th August. This was after a very swift and calm labour.

I just wanted to share our birth story with you. I had been experiencing contractions all evening but managed to sleep through these for a few hours. In the morning I had a bath and I continued to practice up-breathing before finally deciding it was time to go to the hospital at 9am on the Saturday morning. I arrived to find I was progressing well at already 6cm dilated, leaving no time to prepare the birthing pool. I quickly progressed to 10cm within the space of an hour and felt ready to enter the active stage of labour. Our midwife couldn’t believe the progress and commented several times that she rarely sees a first time mother so calm when reaching the active stage of labour. I used gas and air throughout and really felt that I got into “the zone”, with minimal conversation and noise in the room from start to finish. I didn’t even want the music which we had spent so long preparing! Elliott was born at 12.54pm and we were arrived home later that day to spend our first night alone with Elliott. Community midwives who have visited me since have advised me to consider a home birth for our next child- watch this space!

Mike was the perfect partner throughout the whole experience. He was calm and supportive, making sure that my wishes were relayed to the midwife and ensuring the environment was calm with minimal interruptions. I definitely feel that attending Hypnobirthing classes and normalising pregnancy and labour made such a huge difference to my birthing experience, and really empowered Mike to see how important his role was as a birthing partner and advocate is. Mike was able to announce the gender of our child, and cut the cord after this stopped pumping blood to our baby. I had immediate skin to skin contact with Elliott for an hour, in which he managed to feed twice. It was an amazing experience.

For now I have been continuing to use the principles learnt through Hypnobirthing to help guide us through the long and challenging nights trying to establish breast feeding- I trust my body and baby really does know best!

Thank you Lindy for all your help in making this a very positive experience for myself, Mike and most importantly baby Elliott.


Nia & Sam


I can say hand on heart that I had a really positive birth with my first, Dafydd.

My water broke at home on Sunday evening and labour quickly started, I had wanted a home birth, but being so far away from the hospital we’d compromised and was planning on using the home from home room in Denbigh Infirmary. The midwife met us there and I was able to go straight to the pool.

The atmosphere there was incredible. I had two midwives with me there the whole time and they were both great. They were really calm and were very supportive of hypnobirthing. I had my music playing and I was so relaxed i remember falling asleep between contractions.

I did try some pain relief in the form of entonox but I felt like it was making me a little light headed and actually distracting me from focusing on my relaxation, so strangely making things more painful.

When the time to push came, things weren’t quite moving as quickly as the midwives were hoping so the ambulance was called in to take me to the hospital as a precaution. That must’ve been the kick I needed though as things immediately sped up and Dafydd was born at 6:13 on the Monday morning in the Infirmary.

All in all labour had been 8 hours long and I’d had the vaginal birth I wanted. Although I’m confident that the skills I’d gained on the course would have helped me through any intervention I would have needed.

I am still blown away by how strong my body was to do what it did, and I will absolutely be practicing hypnobirthing with any other pregnancies.

I had started the course with Lindy when I was about 25 weeks pregnant. This gave me lots of time to practice and really reinforce my positive outlook towards the birth so when the time came I was excited and confident about meeting my baby. I would recommend this course to any pregnant mums, it’s well worth doing.

Thanks Lindy xxx


Amy and Dan

Well Lindy we couldn’t thank you more for all the advice you have given us and instilling us with the confidence you did. We are blessed to welcome to the world Rupert Francis Cheetham last night at 19:28. He was delivered at home (having had a midwife appointment in the morning and my bp was lower again) and he didn’t even want to wait for the midwives! Doctor Dan (as he will forever be affectionately known) did a super job of catching the baby! I managed without even a paracetamol and was in labour for a super quick 1hr 58mins. Without a doubt Dan was my rock and we were overjoyed to be able to spend so much uninterrupted time with Rupert through the night! I’ll try send though a picture of our beaut but once again thank you for all you did in helping preparing us! Amy and Dan Xxx

Wendy and Tom

Hi Lindy. Baby Sam was born this morning at 8:08am. He’s perfect! Was more medical than we would have wanted but the breathing really really helped Wendy avoid a c-section and have a natural birth. She’ll be in  touch with a fuller report in due course but a huge thank you from all three of us, hypno-birthing really made a difference

Wendy                                                                                                                                                                                                  Just to say thank you for all your help and motivation on the course it made a world of difference and whilst we didn’t get the full benefit of all sessions, those we did attend set us up to make the labour and birth as calm as it could be.

I didn’t have the labour and birth I imagined with needing to be induced but what you taught us made me empowered to ask for the little things that made the big difference in how I managed my pain (windows open, low light, electric candles, music on speakers , use of birthing ball). I was initially told by the first midwife on shift that I wasn’t allowed off the bed but when the sister came in I challenged the decision and she had no problem with me being mobile and my labour was much more comfortable as a result. They loved the candles and in between the surges I was chatting to the sister about the course as she was keen to know more. All the midwives involved in my rather long labour were amazed by how little pain relief I needed despite them needing to give me a lot more cytocin than the majority of people. I only used the tens and breathing until right near the very end and when I wasn’t getting the relief I needed off the tens I went onto gas and air. Apparently I wasn’t supposed to do what I managed to do without an epidural or diamorphine and the midwives were over the moon that I managed a normal delivery.

Tom was amazing during the whole process and him knowing what I needed was great, again him being on the course to me was essential and it really shaped his thinking about the whole experience.

Unfortunately in the end I had to go to theatre and after all that had to have a spinal for a rather bad tear but they said I did everything right with my down breathing it was just the positioning of the baby in the end (back to back). I have to say it was an amazing experience so do let the others know it really does work and just go with the flow and do what they need to make it a relaxed as possible.






Hi Lindy   Thank you!   It went well and was really positive.

As he was breech I was debating having a caesarean, but my waters broke (10 days before my due date), on the way home from yoga class!  I went to hospital, was there within an hour, but was already 8cm!  So I decided just to carry on rather than have an emergency caesarean.

I had made bunting with affirmations on which i put up & had my relaxation music on.  It was all so quick and I was already so far along I found it hard to do a lot of the techniques I’d planned for the early stages to relax, but did use visualisation & the affirmations to stay calm and in control. They said I would ‘need’ an epidural but just had gas and air & had all the things I wanted – skin to skin, optimal cord clamping, natural third stage etc  🙂

Thanks for your help!


Hi Lindy. My baby arrived on Friday 23rd, his name is Ashwyn Star. It wasn’t as I’d hoped, there were some complications- but he was born naturally in the end and I had full control and consent the whole time which was the most empowering thing for me. I laboured at home for 11 hours then transferred to hospital as they were worried about his heart rate. He was born 20mins after I arrived there. I wasn’t able to use many of the techniques I’d practised after the first few hours, once it stopped going smoothly and I became exhausted, but even when it was difficult I remembered a few of the affirmations and they helped me to hold on and not throw up my hands and insist on a c-section. I lost the breathing techniques quite early and I don’t think I was calm after my waters broke, although I did have moments of clarity from time to time which perhaps wouldn’t have been there without the hypnobirthing. All in all, it was a healing experience, much more positive than the previous two. Hypnobirthing helped me get through my pregnancy anxiety and be calm heading into the birth.


Just a quick message to let you know that Leah Eleanor arrived on her due date.

Successful planned home birth (delivered by the lovely Helen ), practiced my hypnobirthing techniques again which were a huge help. Hope the other ladies are getting well xx





OK! Here I am at the Maelor with my 10lb 7oz baby, Denver Matthew moments after delivery.  He took everyone by surprise – he was huge! I was delighted to get my natural water birth despite being ‘high risk’ after a C-section with my first and then a VBAC but with 4th degree tear. I had done hypnobirthing with my previous deliveries but had had little time to practice in the run up to this birth. I realised I was probably feeing anxious about this birth deep down, so I contacted Lindy for a hypnobirthing refresher. I am so grateful for the phone calls and correspondence we had in the couple of days before his birth; Lindy gave me some breathing activities and visualisations to practice, and generally chatting about my situation was very helpful. I also played my hypnobirthing CD with the affirmations on. Hypnobirthing seems to work in mysterious ways and my subconcious was definately listening and responding to the relaxation. Denver was 8 days late but I avoided induction, phew! I will always cherish the memories of those final moments in the pool when I met my baby in such a calm, relaxed way.


Well he’s arrived and he is Blydi gorius!!! Was doing great up to 5 cm dilated . In pool .. No analgesia .. Hypnobithing going well .. Midwives were impressed .. Alan was really impressed .. And I was enjoying it!!   Then had to have hormone as he decided not to budge and they were getting concerned, I  ended up having an emergency section … All I can say is that he’s gorj us I enjoyed every moment of my hypnobirthing experience!!!

Hi Lindy …. Well my god how my life has changed !!! All good though !! 4 weeks yesterday !! He’s good on the whole … But when he has a moment I pop the hypnobithing music on .. And he’s off’… Thanks for the cards and support Lindy .. It meant a lot!! I honestly loved and enjoyed my birth, especially  the first half .. Even looking forward to doing it again!! Hope you are well. xxx


Cath & Rhys

Hi Lindy, I won’t be able to make the sessions we arranged.   Gwenno Alaw arrived on Friday at 03.41 weighing in at 6lb 12oz.
I stayed home til about half 10pm on the Thurs then felt I should go in but they sent us home at 12. I went back and she was born within 6 minutes of getting to the midwife led unit!
I don’t think they believed me when I said she was coming I was really disappointed with myself when they sent me home because I felt like I’d done a rubbish job of the hypnobirthing this time but I couldn’t have done too bad for her to arrive so quickly after going back home



Hiya, just a quickie to say baby arrived safely on Saturday! Didn’t make it to hospital and had a lovely quick, calm labour at home. My family were amazed how well I coped and I couldn’t have planned it better. The two sessions I came along to were really friendly and helpful, teaching me practical techniques to help focus on a calm birth experience. Highly recommended!


Hi! Just letting you know how we got on – we had a natural water birth this time so i am delighted! A fabulous experience! Our daughter, Ava, was born last Saturday night. The breathing techniques definitely helped me to cope in the early stages and i will be recommending hypnobirthing to my friends! Thanks for your help xxx



Hi Lindy,  Would like to introduce you to Aurora  born last night at 10.27pm weighing in at 7lbs 13.5oz. We’re all home and doing well. I couldn’t of asked for a better birth it was quick calm and relaxed. John was fabulous as saying affirmations to me and reminding me to go to peaceful happy place. Aurora was born in her sack in the pool. Just perfect! Thank you so much for giving me the confidence and opportunity to remain so calm throughout which in turn kept baby calm and relaxed too! Xxx





 Hi Lindy,   Just wanted to thank you for the classes over the last few weeks! Baby  Eriska Jolene arrived this Wednesday  at 5.30am.  Thanks to the classes I was fully dilated when I arrived without realising and Eriska was born in the water less than 2 hours after we got to hospital!
I would definitely recommend you to anyone xxxx


Davinia and Alex

Hi Lindy, was in the middle of writing you a text 2 days ago and got side-tracked with all this craziness with a baby! Me and Alex had a little boy, George, on Tuesday morning, 03.18, weighing 7lbs exactly.   I was booked in on tues at 2.30pm for section (breech baby)  but woke at midnight that morning to my waters breaking!   Went in and my contractions came quickly and close together (breathing techniques were fab for that short time I was in labour) so they decided to do the section there and then. I’m happy it ended up like that as I experienced my waters breaking and a bit of labour and baby was the one who chose to come at that time!   I carried on using hypnobirthing techniques through section and had comments from midwives when they were about to do spinal anaesthetic about how calm I was!   Another midwife commented how calm I was when I was in recovery as well as George latched on straight away and she said it was probably because I was so calm all the way through! It also helped with being discharged from hospital…had my op about 3am tues and was discharged weds afternoon!   Thank you so much for those classes, they obviously helped tremendously, even with a c section, before, during and after! I’m recommending it to anyone who has a baby; I thoroughly enjoyed practising during pregnancy! Xx



My experience of hypnobirthing was very positive. I had heard about it long before my first pregnancy but knew I would be interested when the time came to have a baby. I had terrible sickness early on but as that faded I was determined to enjoy being pregnant. My hypnobirthing sessions with Lindy were relaxing, fun and most of all positive. I learnt all about what my body would do naturally during labour and that it was not to be feared but actually something to look forward to, after all it is the day you meet your baby for the first time!

My labour started one evening after I woke from a sleep having done a relaxation. We had our baby 10 hours later at a midwifery lead unit and I just used gas and air. It was a wonderful experience. My visualisations and positive thoughts were a huge help. Hypnobirthing gave me an inner strength and a determined state of mind. If the word hypno puts you off (I can understand why) think of it as calm, natural, or positive birthing!